Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2015-02-09 It's really peaceful there.

2015-02-09 It's really peaceful there.
Hey Everyone,
This week flew by-we had a bunch of weird stuff to do like baptismal interviews and visa paperwork and council of leaders and zone meeting.  It made the week go by way too fast.

missionaries of Coolcapirhua
I'm running out of time today so my letter is going to be a little short.
 
rainbow from my balcony
Gustavo's parents got baptized.  That was really awesome.  I got to do the dad's interview and he is very ready to be a member of the church.  I love doing the baptismal interviews and meeting all the awesome people who want to get baptized.

The Valencia family brought another neighbor to church this Sunday--Alexis.

We had a lesson with Samuel and Maria this week.  I like teaching at their house because we teach in their lawn and it's just out in the middle of giant corn fields.  It's really peaceful there.  I think Maria came to understand much better than she had before why it's important to find the true church.  I'm excited for them.
 
Book of Mormon in Quechua
Hector just got a back from a mission in Peru 3 weeks ago and he went out with us to do visits.  We actually met a less active member and it turned out that she and Hector had been good friends several years ago and she came to church for the first time in over a year with him on Sunday.  That was convenient.

Diego (Denilson's friend) came to church on Sunday and later that same day we went and taught him in his house.  It was one of the best lessons I've had in a while.  I felt the Spirit strongly especially as we discussed baptism.  He had already accepted a date for the 28th of this month, but in this lesson he told us that he's decided to do it now.  His mom is very supportive of him coming to church even though she says she doesn't have time to talk to us.  I'm very excited to be working with him.  The plan is have 3 visits per week up until his baptism.  Kevin is also his friend and is going to go with us for our next visit with Diego.
 
restaurant where I ate
I talked to Rodrigo (from Potosì) this week and he told me that he's doing well and going to church.

I hope you all have an awesome week.  You should go to the temple if you haven't been recently.

Love,
Elder Howlett



P.P.S. Monday is Carnaval here and we can't leave our houses.  I'll write you guys on  Wednesday of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comment so Elder Howlett will know who made it.