Saturday, February 28, 2015

2015-02-23 I know that I belong to His church

Hey Everyone,
Well I just wrote on Wednesday and these last 5 days have flown by.

We had zone conference on Friday.  We watched the new Meet the Mormons movie in Spanish.  I liked the movie quite a bit.

Steven with Denilson to his left and Cristian to his right
Cristian Maldonado (Denilson's friend) is still doing awesome.  He came to church and stayed the whole time again and he went to a baptismal service with us.  He is 100 percent sure that this is the true church and that he wants to be baptized.  

Cristian really wants to go do visits with us like Denilson does so tomorrow he's going with us to another one of his friends who is already our investigator to share how he received an answer that this is the true church.

Diego came to church again but he doesn't have time for us to teach him everything he needs to know to get baptized this week.  We changed his baptismal date to the 14th of March.  He and Crisitan are friends so we thought it would be cool to do their baptisms together.

Yesterday we found a really nice mother and daughter and taught them the Restoration.  The mom is Gladys and the daughter is Angie and they are a way wealthier than a normal family for the area.  They are very open to us though which isn't as common among the wealthy people here.  Gladys went to church from the time she was 12 to 15 but never got baptized.  She remembers a surprising amount.  She told us that her husband had a good friend who is a member of the church.  We see a lot of potential with this family.  Hopefully this week we'll get to teach everyone (there are 2 more kids and the dad who we don't know yet).

Elder Stuehser's birthday--tacos at the pension
I really can't believe how little time I have left. These 2 years passed by so quickly.  I'm grateful for the opportunity that I've had to be here.  God always kept me just where I needed to be to help myself and help other people.  It has been an incredible experience.  I'm also grateful for the experiences I had before my mission that prepared me to effectively carry the gospel to the people of Bolivia.  It's incredible how much God loves us and how much he does for us.  He allows us to have experiences we need to become the people we ought to be.

I love the gospel and am grateful for it.  I'm grateful for my loving Savior.  I know that God hears and answers prayers.  I know that I belong to His church.  How blessed are we to have His church and gospel in our lives.

Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Elder Howlett


P.S. D&C 46:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comment so Elder Howlett will know who made it.