Monday, November 18, 2013

2013-11-18

Hey Everybody,

This has been a pretty good week.  I’ve had to take my companion to different hospitals almost every day this week though.  While it’s been fun getting to know downtown Cochabamba, it drives me crazy when we don’t get to teach very much.  I found that I was pretty frustrated at the beginning of the week because we were missing important appointments and didn’t have time to work very much between hospital trips and my companion saying he’s too sick to leave the house.  Then I remembered that God loves the people here and that as long as I do everything I can, things will work out.  Once I’d changed my attitude about it I felt a lot a better and we started to find a lot of success in the little time we have to work.
 
It’s been a rough week for the Flores family. They would love prayers I’m sure. The date they were planning on getting sealed is the 21 of December. I’m going to visit them today.

 
We found a ton of success working with the young men this week.  Last week we taught lessons to the deacon and teacher quorum presidencies about their responsibilities and how they can help inactive members of their quorums.  This week the teachers quorum president called me to see if we could go visit some people with him and the first counselor and they took us to 2 families to visit. Both of them then came to church on Sunday.  We have visited 3 inactive deacons with Gerardo and Junior and they’ve all come to church—2 with their whole families as well.  Right now we are working on getting them interviews so they can be ordained to the priesthood office they should have.

We’ve been spending a lot of time looking for inactive members because president told us if we did we would have more baptisms.  We have found some good investigators because the inactive families always seem to have non-members living with them (usually their own family).  It turns out that I’m actually really good with working with the non members too.  I’m more comfortable talking with them and I feel like some of the best lessons I’ve taught have been with inactive families this week.

I would love a Chick-Fil-A sandwich.

I did visit Jeampierre a couple of times this week.  His sister is excited to help us get him baptized. This week we’re going to go teach him and eat salchipapa (french fries with cut up sausage covered in mayo).

I love you all, have an awesome week.  Also remember to be a good example and good person.  By far, the most common reason that people here are inactive is that a member did or said something they shouldn’t have.

Love,
Elder Howlett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comment so Elder Howlett will know who made it.