Monday, December 23, 2013

2013-12-23 I'm sure Jesus would like that.

Hey everybody,
This has been a good week despite the fact that I'm missing Christmas at home.

We had an awesome conference with president on Tuesday for Christmas.  I felt the Spirit strongly and it got me really excited.  I've been enjoying working and extra happy ever since.  

Three missionaries who I've gotten to know, Elders Walker, Tanner, and Eyre are gone now but were at our Christmas conference to give their farewell testimonies.  They were all with their parents and Eyre was with his entire family.  That got me really missing you guys.  The conference ended with a dinner and I chatted with Elder Eyre's 14 year old brother a little and that got me missing you guys even more.  
 

Javier has disappeared off the face of the earth.  We can't find that guy.

My companion got sick one day and fell asleep at the pensionista's house so I got to help decorate the Christmas tree.  That was fun (for me, not for my companion).

On Monday we went bowling, then we went to lunch with Junior and Gerardo and ate a giant pique macho. Then we went to the Flores' and they were putting up their tree too.

Sorry the internet is the worst it's been in months and my letter's going to be short.

I'm pretty much the happiest I've ever been.  I love being here, I love serving a mission.  I feel the Spirit all of the time.  Probably one of the best feelings is to be impressed by the Spirit to do or say something, to act, and later find out that it really helped someone out.  

We aren't having great luck with investigators but it's going really well with less active members. Victor has been coming to church for 2 months now and was ordained a teacher yesterday.  It was a good feeling to finally see that. 

Gerardo and Junior really impressed us.  Without us saying anything, they got together and went and invited Brandon (the kid who can talk well) to the ward Christmas dinner.  They got him and his whole family to come.

Anyway, I love Christmas and I love the mission so I'm having an awesome time.  Family, I love you and can't wait to talk to you on Christmas.

Since it's Christmastime, you all should be extra nice and do good things for people.  I'm sure Jesus would like that.

I hope you all have a wonderful MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Christ was born in Bethlehem, gave his life for us, and lives again.  And it's all for our benefit.  Take advantage of his Atonement, help others do the same.  It's the best way to feel of the Christmas spirit.

I love you all.

Love, 
Elder Howlett

P.S.  Your scripture for the week is to open your bible and read your favorite version of the story of Christ´s birth.  Elder Howlett's mom's favorite is Luke 2 in the New Testament of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comment so Elder Howlett will know who made it.